Amateur Radio Licensing Classes
Get started in Amateur Radio—or upgrade your license—with a class presented by one of RRRA’s experienced instructors.
These classes are held Wednesday evenings, from 7:00pm to 9:00pm, on the 3rd floor of the West Fargo Public Library, 109 3rd St E, West Fargo, ND 58078 , http://www.westfargolibrary.com , and run for 6 to 10 weeks.
There is no charge for instruction; however a textbook is required (approximate cost $30)
|Spring 2020 Technician||Mar 25, 2020 to|
Apr 29, 2020
|6||May 19, 2020|
Technician License Course Textbook
- HamRadioSchool.com—June 11, 2012
- For the 2018-2022 question pool
- ISBN-10: 1477595457
- ISBN-13: 978-1477595459
General License Course Textbook
- HamRadioSchool.com—June 3, 2019
- For the 2019-2023 question pool
- ISBN-10: 1072023512
- ISBN-13: 978-1072023512
Extra License Course Textbook
- ARRL Extra Class License Manual 11th Edition—April 2016
- Includes all the Exam Questions with Answer Key, for use through June 30, 2020
- Available as:
- Regular Paperback (ISBN: 978-1-62595-045-1)
- Spiral Bound (ISBN: 978-1-62595-055-0)
- ARRL Store: Regular, Spiral Bound
- Amazon: Regular, Spiral Bound
- Cheapest Textbooks: Regular, Spiral Bound
- DX Engineering: Regular, Spiral Bound
- Search for other vendors: Regular, Spiral Bound
Amateur Radio License Testing
RRRA Volunteer Examiners (VEs) conduct Amateur Radio license testing sessions on an approximately bi-monthly basis—including after the completion of each series of weekly classes and in conjunction with the RRRA Hamfest.
Please see our index of License Testing dates for a complete list of currently scheduled testing dates along with information about License Test Prerequisites and Checking Your License Status.
Use the ARRL Find an Amateur Radio License Exam Session page to locate testing opportunities offered by other organizations.