The largest Hamfest in North Dakota; drawing attendees from 3 states and 1 Canadian province.
Saturday, September 24th, 2016 8am–2pm at the Red River Valley Fairgrounds, West Fargo, North Dakota.
- Flea Market
- License Testing (aka VE testing)
- ARRL Card Checking
- and over $450 in Door Prizes
- Admission Tickets $9.00 Each
- 12 years and under admitted free with parent
Use our Google Maps link to the RRV Fairgrounds Hartl Building or
- From I-94: Exit 343 East on Main 1/2 mile, Right on Cass 28 (look for signs), South 1/4 mile, Right on to fair grounds entrance road
- From I-29: Exit 65 west on Main 4 miles, Left on Cass 28 (look for signs), South 1/4 mile, Right on to fair grounds entrance road
- From 13th Ave. S. (West Acres): Follow 13th Ave west 3-1/2 miles (13th Ave will curve north), 1 mile then left on to fair grounds entrance road
Some of the accomodations in the area include:
- $15.00 each
- Minimum 1 admission ticket purchase required per table
- 8 foot tables; limited electricity available
- Special for 2016—$3.00 off total table(s) cost with each additional admission ticket purchased
- 4pm to 7pm Friday, September 23rd—doors will close Friday at 7pm
- 7am Saturday, September 24th
- 9:00 W0JPJ Fusion Repeater (tentative)
- 10:00 WA0WHE Safety, RF and Lightning grounding
- 11:00 K0WDJ Skywarn Coordinator, NWS Chanhassen MN
- 12:00 ARRL Forum
- Registration begins promptly at 10:00am
- No tests may be started after 12 Noon
- Testing Session conducted by ARRL Volunteer Examiners (VEs)
What to bring to the exam session
Please see the ARRL’s What to Bring to an Exam Session page to learn about what to being to this exam session.
Candidates who do not bring the required documentation (i.e. indentification, FRN or SSN) and payment ($15 cash or check) will not be able to test.
First time candidates are encouraged to apply for, and use, their FRN as doing so makes it easier to find your new license in the FCC’s Universal Licensing System (ULS).
License class upgrades require supporting documentation of current license status. Copying facilities will not be available at the testing site.
ARRL Card Checking
- Conducted by
- On the W0ILO Repeaters
- Light Breakfast will be available for all in the Lobby of the Hartl Ag Building 7am–8am, Saturday, September 24th
- Lunch will be served in the main hall starting at 10:30am Saturday, September 24th
Would you like to know more?
Please call 701-541-3411, or contact the . A Hamfest flyer is available for distribution. This schedule is subject to change without notice.