The Fargo Cass Public Health Emergency Preparedness & Response Division will conduct Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) training beginning April 3. CERT is an All-Hazard approach to train and educate citizens in case of a large or small-scale disaster. Following a major disaster, first responders who provide fire and medical services will not be able to meet the demand for these services. CERT training provides life-saving skills and techniques for people who will rely on each other for help in the time of need.
This training is free and open to the public. CERT Classes will take place at West Acres Shopping Center from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. on these dates:
- April 3: Class Intro, General Preparedness
- April 10: Fire Safety/Fire Extinguishers
- April 17: Search & Rescue
- April 24: Medical Operations Part 1
- May 1: Medical Operations Part 2
- May 8: Disaster Psychology
- May 15: Terrorism/Active Shooter
- May 22: Wrap Up/Exercise
Visit the Red River CERT page to learn more and to register or call 701-476-5991 with questions.