“Trees make handy supports for wire antennas, but getting an antenna into a tree—and keeping it there—can be a challenge.”1
These short podcasts are an approachable way of learning about technical topics related to Amateur Radio. Recent podcast topics include:
- Do Dipoles Have to be Straight?
- It’s About Time!
- Handheld Transceivers
- Listening Outside the Ham Bands
- The WSPR Heard ‘Round the World
- SWR Simplified
- Meet the Raspberry Pi
- Are we entering a Maunder Minimum?
- Life Above 50 MHz
A complete podcast archive and a contact form for submitting questions to the Doctor are available on the ARRL’s The Doctor Will See You Now page.
About the ARRL The Doctor Is In Podcast
Sponsored by DX Engineering, ARRL The Doctor is In is an informative discussion of all things technical. Listen on your computer, tablet, or smartphone—whenever and wherever you like!
Every 2 weeks, your host, QST Editor in Chief Steve Ford, WB8IMY, and the Doctor himself, Joel Hallas, W1ZR, will discuss a broad range of technical topics. You can also e-mail your questions firstname.lastname@example.org, and the Doctor may answer them in a future podcast.
Enjoy ARRL The Doctor is In on Apple iTunes, or by using your iPhone or iPad podcast app (just search for ARRL The Doctor is In). You can also listen online at Blubrry, or at Stitcher (free registration required, or browse the site as a guest) and through the free Stitcher app for iOS, Kindle, or Android devices. 2
- “ARRL The Doctor is In - Stringing Up Antennas”, Blubrry, retrieved June 6 2019, https://www.blubrry.com/arrl_the_doctor_is_in/44471836/arrls-the-doctor-is-in-stringing-up-antennas/. [return]
- “The Dctor Will See You Now!”, ARRL The national association for Amateur Radio, retrieved June 6 2019, http://www.arrl.org/news/the-doctor-will-see-you-now-113. [return]