November 2020 Business Meeting Minutes

  • Meeting took place on the W0ILO Repeater system instead of in-person in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
  • Meeting called to order by President Jarod W0JPJ at 19:00
  • 19 stations checked in

These minutes have been converted to a mobile friendly format; some light editing for clarity and consistency was performed. The Secretary’s original minutes document (2020-11 Minutes.docx) may be found in the “Committee and Officers Reports | Secretary Reports” folder on the RRRA Groupware System.

Secretary’s Report

Jake K0RQ reported that last month’s minutes are available on the club website and on the cloud website. No corrections reported.

Treasurer’s Report

Lori KC0GQE reported that the Treasurer’s Report is available on the cloud website.

Librarian’s Report

Lori KC0GQE had nothing to report.

Regular Agenda

Committee Reports

Cass County RRRAES

Mark KK0V reported the first batch of ID badges were sent out. The second batch will be picked up tomorrow. Anyone interested in an ARES badge should use the instructions on the ARES portion of the cloud website. All members are encouraged to obtain a badge if that have not already.

The ARRL has petitioned the FCC to reconsider their previous 3.5 GHz rulemaking. The club will not do anything more with the buildout of AREDN until the petition is resolved.


Seth KC0ODE was not present. Jarod W0JPJ had nothing to report.


Kirk W0HNV has not heard anything from John Vick regarding the needed equipment for the Grandin repeater. Installation will now have to wait until Spring.


Kirk W0HNV reported there are no updates on classes. There will be no classes until the pandemic settles down. Brad KE0LDS has been teaching classes on his own and may have some recommendations for an alternative way of conducting classes.


Pete WC0G had nothing new to report. They will start organizing after the first of the year.


Pete WC0G reported that in-person testing is still on-hold. Progress is being made on online testing. A small testing session may be available in December, with sessions starting in-full in January. Any other VE’s that would like to be included in the online training reach out to WC0G.


Steve K0STK’s report is available on the cloud website. Meeting minutes are always uploaded in plain text to the website and in word processor form on the cloud website. All club members should have an account on the cloud website. Any questions about the website or listserver please contact

Old Business

KC0KAE Callsign Trustee

Jarod W0JPJ sent the needed paperwork to Anton KC0PFS. Anton will work to complete this soon.

New Business

Club Zoom Account

Jarod W0JPJ brought up the club purchasing a paid Zoom account. This could be used for classes, online testing sessions, and eventually club meetings. Tim K0CRF suggested, it may have a similar feature set. Pete WC0G mentioned that Zoom is the de facto standard and is secure. Zoom is recommended by the ARRL for testing. Cost of a Pro account is $149.90 per year.

  • Motion by Jim N0TSZ to allocate up to $160 for a Zoom account
  • Seconded by Anton KC0PFS
  • Motion carried unanimously

Ken W0CZ noted the tax might be more than $160 and recommended we not set a dollar limit.

  • Motion by Jim N0TSZ to amend the previous motion to have no limit
  • Seconded by Ken W0CZ
  • Motion carried unanimously

Good of the Order

  • Pete WC0G brought up that dues are coming up soon and asked how to handle those. Lori KC0GQE confirmed that payments can be mailed to the PO box. A few members paid via Paypal last year. Club Officers will arrange for Paypal to be used this time around

  • Lori KC0GQE asked about a December meeting since there will not be a Christmas Party. A December meeting will be held December 15th at 7pm for anyone able to attend


Meeting adjourned by Jarod W0JPJ at 19:42