The Association of Emergency Radio Organizations in Minnesota (AERO) is presenting their AERO 101 - Introduction to Emergency Communications for the Amateur Radio Operator Webinar from 8:30 AM to 12 PM CST on Saturday, February 20, 2021.
This free, 3 and 1/2 hour, webinar is open to the public; on or off Facebook.
- Describe the roles of amateur radio operators in emergency communications
- Be able to describe the role of amateur radio during emergency communications and list potential agencies that may be served
- Be able to describe appropriate etiquette and professional interactions during emergency communications operations
- Be able to describe what a “net” is and how they are used
- Be able to describe basic net operations
- Be able to demonstrate proper basic radio communications skills
- Be able to describe the purpose, use, and benefits of the Incident Command System
- Be able to list and demonstrate how to complete pertinent ICS forms used in radio communications
The Mission of the Association of Emergency Radio Organizations (AERO) is to enhance the ability of volunteer emergency radio organizations to support emergency management and disaster response agencies with supplemental communications in times of disaster. Individual radio operators are not eligible for membership
The focus of the AERO organization is training communications support (Hams) for our emergency management lead agencies to prepare for times of emergency or disaster. AERO training will help the amateur radio operator to better their skills as they become more involved with an emergency amateur radio organizations.
AERO is an organization of emergency communications organizations that offers emergency communications training in support of its member organizations and serves member organizations in Anoka, Dakota, Carver, Chisago, Hennepin, Isanti, Ramsey, Scott and Washington counties. 1