Officers and a board of directors are essential to the operation of the Red River Radio Amateurs and our club owes a debt of gratitude to those who have stepped forward to fill these leadership positions.
But, for the health of our organization, we can not continue to depend upon the same few individuals in perpetuity. It is, therefore, well past time for new officers and board members to step forward from within our membership.
What positions must be filled?
At-Large Member of the Board of Directors
One At-Large Member of the Board of Directors will be elected for a two year term.
A president, vice-president, secretary, and treasurer will be elected for a one year term. In addition to serving as members of the RRRA Board of Directors, these officers have the following responsibilities:
- Chair all meetings of membership
- Oversee the governing of the organization’s business affairs
- Enforce due observation of the Articles and Bylaws
- Decide questions of order
- Sign all official documents that are adopted
- Perform all customary duties pertaining to the office of president
- Other duties as put forth by the executive committee or the general membership
- Perform all the duties of the president in the absence of the president
- Other duties as requested by the president, the executive committee and the general membership
- Attend all membership meetings, and committee meetings as requested
- Keep minutes of such meetings
- Keep the Articles and Bylaws current and available for review at every meeting
- Keep all official records of the organization, and generate reports from such records as required
- Tend to all monies of the organization
- Make disbursements of said monies to retire liabilities
- Make full account of all monies and assets to the executive committee and the general membership
Where do you fit in?
Whether you’re comfortable in your skills or looking for an opportunity to expand your abilities, consider following in the footsteps of those who have generously given of their time and talents to the Red River Radio Amateurs by running for elected office.
Whether you’re an extrovert, a frustrated accountant, a budding writer, or none of the above, there is a position that you can fill.
Your insights and fresh perspective may be just what the club needs as it moves in to the future.
And your service will give those currently holding office an opportunity re-engage in our hobby.
How do you run for office?
Please contact (our 2023 Election Facilitator) to nominate yourself for this election.
Candidates must be members in good standing and must hold a valid FCC amateur radio license. Please bring your membership / renewal form (PDF) and dues payment to the February Meeting. if you have not already renewed for 2023.
Questions about your membership status should be directed to the .